The Sd.Kfz.251/10 Ausf.C was armed with the obsolete 3.7cm Pak 36 anti-tank gun which was used as an infantry support weapon on these vehicles. The APC carried almost 170 rounds for its main armament, much more than the tanks originally armed with this gun or the crews of towed PaK 36 who often had to rely on supplies from ammunition trucks during prolonged engagements. The first 251/10s were put into service in 1940 for platoon commanders. The gun reduced the number of men the APC could carry but increased the firepower of the platoon. Early vehicles used the original gun shield which was modified on later vehicles to lower the silhouette, The vehicle and the gun shield have had a camouflage pattern paint over the overall sand color. The man on the left appears to be striking a pose for the cameraman.